Yesterday was more of an official introduction to my site. I’ve been blogging for almost two years and I feel like I’ve finally gotten a handle on what I think my purpose is here and what I can promise to deliver to you all. Day two is all about me though. Short and sweet – here are 20 random facts about me that you may or may not have known before today.
- I’m my mom’s oldest daughter and my dad’s youngest daughter.
- I have generalized anxiety and depression – Looking back on my life, I’ve always had mental health struggles, but it took until my late 20s to really work on dealing with them.
- My shoe size is 7.5 (I used to be a 6.5? Weird.)
- I love to dance! I seriously dance to everything… I mean everything. Grocery stores, elevators, and sponge bob theme songs. If you follow me on Instagram… you’ve caught a glimpse.
- I am a restaurant server and I love everything about my job! I love connecting with people, I love when I get to engage in witty banter, I love working as a team… I’d love to work for myself one day, but I’m 100% okay with being a waitress until then.
- I love planning. I’m always on the lookout for a planner that fits all of my needs. I’m hoping to find a way to help others work planning into their routines. It was a total game changer for me.
- Each night, while I work, I watch/listen to Avengers: Infinity war & Avengers: End game from start to finish. Once it’s over, I go to bed.
- I’m a total Disnerd. I mostly love the music, but I just love the magic of Disney. I’m lucky to have found a man that shares my love for all things Disney also.
- Having a husband that works graveyard can sometimes feel like I’m a single mom. It’s taken us a long time to get on the same page as far as structure with our kids, our housekeeping, and finances. This is the first time in our relationship that I feel like we’re both ready to tackle the work that needs to be done (instead of the teeter totter of one of us being ready when the other isn’t… I know that’s relateable.)
- I plan my week out every Sunday – Like clockwork. It’s something I’ve done for years and it helps my task oriented anxiety (which helps keep my depression at bay).
- I’m 5’1″ – so I’m pretty short.
- I met my husband and most of my best friends while working as a server at Red Lobster.
- I’ve struggled with body image and binge eating since my senior year in high school. I was bulimic from 2007 – 2013 on and off.
- Action is my favorite movie genre! I’ve grown up around wrestling and just love the beauty of martial arts.
- Anything grape flavored is gonna be a no from me. (Except for wine… obviously)
- I have the most blended family I know. See my last post for a better explanation.
- My one guilty pleasure is getting my nails done. It’s an expensive luxury that I won’t be indulging in this year, but when we have expendable income… that’s usually one place it goes.
- I change the scent of my home with the seasons. (Candles) I’m sure there are other people who do this, right?
- Pismo beach is my favorite place in the world. There is a mix of the nostalgia from family vacations and just how peaceful the environment is. It’s totally not a party scene or destination and I love that for a relaxed getaway.
- I’m both fascinated and terrified of the ocean. The depth of it, the chaos of the waves that are also repetitive and therapeutic… I can sit at the pier and watch the waves crash for hours.
There you have it. Short, sweet, and to the point. My blog post a day is mostly for habit building. I want to get in the habit of being able to produce quality content regularly and meet the deadlines I set for myself. As easy as it may seem to some, even short posts like this take a lot of planning, time, and editing so I really am working on strengthening that blogging muscle.
You know what would be fun? Share some facts about YOU in the comments below! Don’t forget to subscribe for tomorrow’s blog post!